DESIGN, FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
In some cultures GANTRY CRANES are also referred to as GOLIATH CRANES
S. CRANES GANTRY CRANES/ GOLIATH CRANES are used for overhead materials
handling where existing columns do not have overhead brackets to support
gantry & rails. S. CRANES GANTRY/ GOLIATH CRANES are often used in open
areas where columns cannot be accommodated. The top main girder is mounted
on two A shape columns which are further resting on wheel mounted end
carriages. These end carriages have wheels which run on rails which are
grouted to the ground.
These GANTRY CRANES/ GOLIATH Cranes can be seen working in open compounds of cement plants, casting of cement girders for bridges/ flyovers. These GANTRY CRANES/ GOLIATH Cranes are also seen being widely used in heavy fabrication yards.
We have supplied several such GANTRY/ GOLIATH CRANES to L & T in Hazira, Orrisa and Oman.
Main Girder : The girder is designed considering the class, the frequency
of operation & the duty cycle. The girder could be RSJ type, plate box type
or truss type for single girder with its bottom flange as path for trolley
The girder could also have a double girder design for heavy duty applications, Where a suitable track is provided on top of the girders for travel of crab wheels.
- DESIGN: Compact dimensions, low weight, easy to operate and easy to maintain, modular design with direct fits between components.
- MOTORS: S. CRANE uses sturdy cylindrical / conical rotor pole-changing motors with elegant continuous cast aluminium sections, integrated safety brakes insulation class F, IP54 protection.
- GEAR BOXES: Precision flat helical / spur gear units in light alloy housings with case-hardened gears, high-grade surface treatment and permanent oil / grease lubrication.
- BRAKES: Single / Dual-disc electromagnetic DC brakes featuring automatic braking on power failure. Environmentally sound brake linings designed for approx. 1 million braking operations allow long maintenance intervals.
- ELECTRICAL PANEL: Modular design, covering a very wide operating range. The systems are designed for ease of installation and maintenance and reliable operation, with fuse less circuitry, ducted wiring and non-screwed terminals. Each drive group is equipped with a motor overload protection device to provide effective protection against inadmissible overloading.
- PAINTING: Every component & part is thoroughly scrubbed & painted with two coats of primer before assembly & two coats of *polymer based quick drying acrylic polycoat paint *after testing.
- LIMIT SWITCHES - To prevent over hoisting & over lowering of hook.
- PUSH BUTTON STATIONS - Extra light, handy, easy to operate.Wireless Radio remote controls are also conveniently and widely being used now.
- SOFT STARTS - Electric / Electronic soft start modules electrically coupled to the long travel drives to achieve jerk free, cushioned & smooth starts.
- MAINTENANCE PLATFORM WITH HAND RAILING - Easy, simple & safe maintenance of the Crane extended partially or along the full length of the girder.
- Two speeds in all drives.
- VFD units coupled to all drives to ensure smooth, jerk less operations and accurate placement of job.
All components generally designed in compliance with IS - 807 & IS -3177